Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Reading Slump

I read these books a few weeks ago...and that's about all I've read since then. I have been in a weird state of mind (AKA depression), so books have fallen off of my radar. Anyone dealing with depression knows that it's so hard to do the things that bring you joy, even something as simple as reading a book. I'm in a better place at the moment though. I hope to get back into the groove of reading every day.


Ally Hughes Has Sex Sometimes by Jules Moulin
Ally Hughes Has Sex Sometimes2 STAR RATING
BOOK CLUB READ

The Damned (Vampire Huntress Legend, #6)The amazing title and cover fooled me. I thought I was getting a hilarious chick lit novel. Instead, I got this...whatever this is supposed to be. Ally had me hooked in the beginning with her first encounter with Jake and meeting him 10 years later as her daughter's date. But after that, this book turned left really quick. I don't know what the hell happened but their were cam girls and club fights and indecipherable flash backs. I just felt lost reading this book.





The Damned by L.A. Banks
The sixth book of the Vampire Huntress Legend series
2 STAR RATING
BOOK CLUB READ

There were some good scenes in this book, but not enough to make me like it. I was just so over all the personal drama that was happening. And then the fact that a major baddie was killed in the last few pages with no build up to it pissed me off royally. Carlos was too annoying for words this go around. I almost wanted him to die so Damali would end up with Jose and Juanita could go away too.






Sunny, Vol. 1Sunny Vol 1 by Taiyo Matsumoto
3 STAR RATING

I picked up this book randomly at the library. I had no clue what it was about but I was drawn to the title and the cover. And it's a good graphic novel, though I was surprised that it was a slice of life and not fantasy. I won't be reading the other issues in the series though. It didn't grab at my interest enough to make me read more.










Soul Eater Vol 7 by Atsushi Ohkubo
3 STAR RATING
Soul Eater, Vol. 07 (Soul Eater, #7)The rebirth of Arachne was a very cool scene to read. I have a feeling I'm gonna like her a lot as a bad guy. That tease of a fight between the perfect soul body guard dude and Black Star has me hype for the next book. The madness wavelengths are messing everything up and I hope the DWMA students can band together and get the world back in order.

Gangsta., Vol. 2









Gangsta Vol 2 by Kohske
4 STAR RATING

I was worried for a minute about Alex. I was afraid that she was actually being haunted by that asshole. But it was just the drugs. I am falling in love with the Handymen, Worick more than Nic. They are just so likable, even when they're doing bad things.











A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz
A History of Glitter and Blood5 STAR RATING

I can honestly say that this has been the most interesting read I've had in a very long time. I knew nothing about this book before I picked it up. The cover and title grabbed my interest immediately. I hadn't heard anything about it and had no clue what it could be about. And then I read it. And it's fucking amazing. It definitely could have been an adult fantasy novel if not for the characters ages. And even then, this book gets dark. It's not a happy book, by any means. You love and hate what these people are doing and what is happening to them. My only complaint is whether I'll get any sleep after staying up to finish this.








No comments:

Post a Comment